X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2020-12-12 03:36:59 |Show all posts |
* The menu you can call up from the page with the album art when playing an album now requires a press of a "cancel" button for going back. You can no longer use the navigate back button.

* The caching of album art seems to have gotten worse since prewvious versions. The album view is now very slow to scroll through as the art loads slowly, and the scrolling stops when art is loading. This has become an irritating, jerky experience (even on my X5 iii with a faster updated Android version - I don't dare think how this is for folks with the default 1.2.5 firmware.

* The album art is NOT loaded as long as you hold your finger on the screen in all library views. This resultss in album art simply not showing for much of the time you scroll. Also, the no-graphicws icon is way too prominent, taking focus - it should be very neutral, a typical "image file icon" would be much better.

* I agree with the other poster, that the info under the play progress bar on the album playing page needs to change to a better contrating colour.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-12-15 11:20:37 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

I fail to understand the page you mentioned.

And yes, the album art will only show when stop scrolling in order to improve the scrolling speed.

Best regards  
Please send email to support@fiio.com for warranty and technical problem

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2020-12-23 18:48:38 |Show all posts |
Edited by DrJustice at 2020-12-24 03:44

A couple of days ago, version 3.0.2 corrupted the library.

I had not changed the library for several days, and when I tried to launch the player, it just did not start. I tried deleting the cache, then the app data. Only when the app data was deleted did the music app start again, and I could rebuild the library. Oh, and of course I lost the EQ settings again. That's starting to grate a lilttle, since 1.2.0 also corrupted the library, leaving "File not found" messages, and it needed frequent rebuilds with the consequent loss of the EQ settings.

The only writes to the database that I can think of, is when the player maintains the list of played tracks. In any case the 3.0.2 music app corrupted the database and stopped working which is a quite serious bug.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-12-25 17:01:49 |Show all posts |
Sorry I failed to understand your issue correctly still....

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11, X3 II
AMPs
Cambridge CXR200
Head Gears
Sennheiser 6XX, OPPO PM-3, Etymotic 4S, AKG K240DF
regtime
2016-1-3
Post time 2020-12-28 01:52:56 |Show all posts |
I've downloaded the new FiiO Music from the FiiO site, but when I try to install it in my M11, I get this warning: "For security, your phone is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources." I can go to Settings to allow the installation, but I'm reluctant to proceed until I know it's safe to do so.

Why does the .apk file downloaded from the FiiO site trigger this warning? If I turn off the blocker to allow the installation to proceed, should I turn the blocker back on after I do so?

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-12-28 08:45:43 |Show all posts |
Any APK you attempt to sideload will trigger that warning. The purpose of the warning is to make you think a moment, because if you got the file from a dodgy site you could expose yourself to malware. In this case, as the APK comes direct from FiiO themselves it's safe to install. As to toggling the switch to its original position after the install, that is totally up to you.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11, X3 II
AMPs
Cambridge CXR200
Head Gears
regtime
2016-1-3
Post time 2020-12-28 08:52:52 |Show all posts |
Traveller replied at 2020-12-28 08:45
Any APK you attempt to sideload will trigger that warning. The purpose of the warning is to make you ...

Thank you. Just to confirm, "sideload" means not downloaded through the player's own "download" affordance, yes? (e.g. OTA firmware.)

It's strange that the music app update doesn't show up on the music app itself as an update that can be installed. It's also odd (in my view, which is limited) that there's no way for FiiO to "sign" the file to indicate it's from a trusted source.

Onward and upward--thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
iPhone SE2020 and Lenovo YT-X705FF
AMPs
FiiO Q1MKii and SoundBlaster E1
Head Gears
FiiO F9Pro and AKG K240MkII
regtime
2020-12-27
Post time 2020-12-29 01:29:25 from mobile |Show all posts |
Gardo, all .apk files are considered 'sideloaded' if they are not from PlayStore. Why FiiO do not have this particular app on PlayStore may have many reasons. If You are certain, that app is from FiiO (e.g. downloaded from FiiO servers) then you are good to go. And as you mentioned, after installation You can turn protection back on. It will not affect previously installed app.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO M11, X3 II
AMPs
Cambridge CXR200
Head Gears
regtime
2016-1-3
Post time 2020-12-29 02:38:09 |Show all posts |
maniacse replied at 2020-12-29 01:29
Gardo, all .apk files are considered 'sideloaded' if they are not from PlayStore. Why FiiO do not ha ...

Thank you--that's very helpful. As you might see from my other posts, I'm now trying to get back to the pre-installed version of FiiO Music, as version 3.0.2 does not connect to my DLNA servers very well (and sometimes not at all). The pre-installed version was fine in that regard.

But in the meantime, I appreciate your response to my question!

Use magic Report

Intermediate Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-12-29 13:16:47 |Show all posts |
Gardo replied at 2020-12-29 02:38
Thank you--that's very helpful. As you might see from my other posts, I'm now trying to get back t ...

Factory reset your device. That will restore the app included in the firmware.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2020-12-29 21:22:56 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2020-12-25 17:01
Sorry I failed to understand your issue correctly still....

I don't know how to say it differently...

The 3.0.2 app corrupts the database that holds the music library info. By "corruption", I mean that the database is in a state that causes the app to crash or not run correctly.

Since this happened several days aftyer the last addition to the library (i.e. the last WRITE operation to the database initiated by me), the only other writes to the database that I can think of is the list of recently played songs - i.e. that may be the case of the corruption.

Please show this message to the programmers, they will understand.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2020-12-29 21:28:16 |Show all posts |
Edited by DrJustice at 2020-12-29 21:38

I also just got another "File not found" message as I used the music app to deleted the songs in an album..

The album consisted of 6 FLAC files - I previously thought the "File not found message" might occur for .cue files since those might leave dangling references, but no, plain music files that are deleted from the music app causes this error message.

As mentioned, these bugs in the music apps makes it a chore to use, as constant re-scanning of the music as well as setting up the EQ is needed. The most basic of functions in a music player being bugged like this is completely at odds with the quality hardware, so please fix them.

Edit: the "File not found" message is now gone. I don't know why - the last thing I did was to enter an leave the scanning mode a couple of times and re-scan the previously deleted album twice, so this bug seems to be some temporary confusion of the library manager.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2020-12-31 15:22:42 |Show all posts |
Dear friends,

You could try to update the 3.0.3 version to check again: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod ... &extra=page%3D1

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2021-1-14 22:48:35 |Show all posts |
Edited by DrJustice at 2021-1-14 23:13

Thank you! I'll try the new version.

I hope you will still think about improvements and bug fixes.

For me the most important improvements would be:
- A better equalizer, easier to adjust precisely, more user settings, store settings separate from the music library
- Option for chronological sorting of albums
- More info in the albums and song lists: adding length and year to the albums and adding the length to the songs
- For the new Playing Now fullscreen mode, tap the apectrum analyzer to change its style (add VU meters?), including switching it off for those of us who want to save evrry bit of battery usage (Or there could be a fullscreen mode without the spectrum analyzer, just for the bigger album art)

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2021-1-15 09:23:32 |Show all posts |
We will report to the engineer for assessing about that.

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 2021-1-24 10:34:33 |Show all posts |
Edited by DrJustice at 2021-1-24 10:39

Thank you for picking up our reports!

I might as well report this little bug too - it's in version 3.0.3, but I seem to remember it being there previously

After he player has been switched on and used for a long time, switching the equalizer on does not work. The graphic switch moves, but there's no change in the sound. This is for the "User" EQ curve, I' don't know if it happen when other curves are selected.

To make it work again, I select a different equalizer curve, e.g. "Rock", then the sound changes, and I can select "User" again with the expected change in sound. After that the equalizer on/off switch works as expected, until the next time the bug hits.

This is repeatable and happens every time I've had the player on and in use for some time, and then want to switch on the equalizer.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2021-1-25 15:55:32 |Show all posts |
Dear friend,

Does the issue happen in certain EQ or music file? A long time--How long is it? 1 hours or 1 day?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
X5 III
AMPs
X5 III
Head Gears
DT-880
regtime
2020-12-12
Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by DrJustice at 2021-4-8 19:30

It's not dependent on specific EQ curves or music files, it's a general fault.

BTW, I might add that 3.0.2 also cuts the sound often. The player seems to still play (time dvances), but with no sound. This may have to do with the device going to Display Sleep, as then it will often stop playing. I can get the sound back by either pulling and reinserting the headphones plug, restarting the Player App, or trying to play some other tracks to kick it back into life.

This problem seem to increase with how long the device has been running. I generally reboot the X5 every time I go out, but I still get the "playing stops" problem and may have to restart the Player App once or twice on my walks. I have to say that version 3 is giving me so much trouble that I'm considering downgrading to v 1.2 which behaved much better in these respects.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2021-4-13 08:23 , Processed in 0.025950 second(s), 25 queries .