Fiio BTR5
Head Gears
BlonBl03,KZ ZSX
regtime
2020-7-28
Post time 2020-7-28 13:40:35 |Show all posts |
Edited by brayanbix at 2020-7-28 14:10

Hello

Did someone have issue with charge status while it's charging with btr5 in 1.0.6 firmware? because when i charge the btr5, the charge indicator is full in minutes, sometimes i need unplug many times to correct the battery level charge, the charge is always through usb port from my pc i try charge in other pc and the result is the same, the usb ports are 2.0 with the btr5 turned off and charge option is on (obviously) in the btr5. I tried factory reset and reinstall the fw 1.0.6, or it's an software bug. i dont charge the btr5 more than an hour and half, and when i use the usb dac mode i always turn off the charge option.

Thanks in advance for your support
Did someone have some issue with charge status while it's charging with btr5 in 1.0.6 firmware? because when i charge the btr5 the charge indicator is full in minutes sometimes i need unplug many times to correct the battery level charge

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear user,

Did you try to charge via the charger instead of using the computer?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Foobar2000 PC, DeaDBeef Ubuntu
AMPs
BTR5
DACs
BTR5
Head Gears
Starfield, M40X, Monk Plus
regtime
2020-6-8
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Edited by jeedaiian at 2020-8-4 15:20

Yah, i have same issue. Currently only can charge to full using a dedicated usb charger[5Volt] like your phone charger. When charging on pc usb port, [BTR5 is off]battery indicator says full but when unplug and turn on, battery is actually not full.
But it is getting power from pc usb port, because if already fully charge using charger, use as usb dac on pc with charge mode on, the battery will drain slower compared to using as usb dac with charge mode off.
Maybe, in firmware 1.0.7 add an option[Off by Default] to turn off Bluetooth  when in USB DAC mode to get longer life from USB DAC mode. If can, I would like for it to last forever on USB DAC mode

Edit: BTR5 last forever when using a usb3.0 type a to type c cable, plugged into usb 3.0 port with charge mode on.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
AMPs
BTR5
DACs
BTR5
Head Gears
regtime
2020-6-8
Post time 4 Day Before |Show all posts |
I found that using a USB 3.0 Type A to USB 3.0 Type C data cable[not charging cable] plugged into the PC's USB3.0 port also increases battery life in USB DAC mode.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
DAC/Phone/PC
AMPs
Fiio BTR5
DACs
Fiio BTR5
Head Gears
BlonBl03,KZ ZSX
regtime
2020-7-28
Post time 3 Day Before from mobile |Show all posts |
Edited by brayanbix at 2020-8-2 05:06

Thank you for your answers and for the data on the type of usb cable and the effects on the dac. I don't use a dedicated charger because the package doesn't come with it and I'm afraid of damaging it if i use this solution but if there is no problem with it then this will be my option. As they mention it, that idea would be great for a future firmware. Also in my case I prefer to deactivate the option charge in usb dac mode since, according to my understanding, a constant path of energy to the battery could wear it down while it is in use.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
AMPs
BTR5
DACs
BTR5
Head Gears
regtime
2020-6-8
Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
If you prefer to keep charge mode off, just use a  5v phone charger(See the OUTPUT written on the back of the charger). The BTR5 manual calls for a standard 5V phone charger under Notes and Precautions. Just make sure it is not those Quick Charge charger as they are range from 5V to 20V. If you are not sure, you are welcomed to PM me the details/picture on your charger.

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
Fiio BTR5
AMPs
Fiio BTR5
regtime
2020-8-2
Post time The day before yesterday 01:14 |Show all posts |
Edited by davidtriune at 2020-8-3 01:20

i dont get why battery drains while on PC mode (is it draining because the bluetooth is constantly on?). and after it drains, it won't connect to the pc anymore until it gets some charge again. It also acts very buggy when turning it on (flashes etc) .

i want to turn off charging so i can leave it connected to the pc forever without degrading the battery life. That's how my topping NX4 died. but it seems you have to leave it on.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-8-5 06:27 , Processed in 0.021976 second(s), 23 queries .