FiiO Forums

Retrieve Password
Register Now
/Sign In
Search
!show!: 648|Reply: 3

[Other products] [M6] - way to install previous firmware?

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-6-28
Post time 2020-7-27 00:54:49 |Show all posts |
I listen to music by manually choosing a folder on a 400gB SD card that contains a collection of subdirectories of concerts.  After installing M6 firmware update M6-FW1.0.4, my M6 started occasionally (once every week or two) losing its music playing position while the unit is charging.  It will then go back to the single "internal storage" MP3 track that comes with the unit when I restart the unit.  I tried installing the updated "File manager.apk" program (based on question 21 in the "Hot Spot Questions") but that did not solve the problem.  I then tried manually going back to the previous firmware version M6-FW1.0.3, but it had a problem that caused the installation to crash.  

My question - is there a way to successfully install a previous version of firmware?  Or, is there another solution to my FW1.0.4 problem?  

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FLAC, MP3
AMPs
M7
regtime
2020-5-14
Post time 2020-7-27 09:02:23 |Show all posts |
Version 1.0.4 is the first version to allow the user to roll back the update, and it's quite specific in that the user can always roll back to that version. This means there is no way to revert to 1.0.3. Ask FiiO and see if they have a beta version of the firmware that might resolve your issue.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
DACs
FiiO Q5s
Head Gears
FiiO FA9
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Dear user,

Do you mean that the resume mode fails to work sometimes? Are there any certain condition when the issue happens? The FW1.0.4 could not roll back to 1.0.3 by users.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
yinyuan
AMPs
erfang
regtime
2016-6-28
Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
That's correct, it 'forgets' where I left off when I paused the playback, and defaults to the single default FiiO MP3 file on internal storage.  Up until yesterday, it happened only when I restarted playback after charging the unit.  However, yesterday, it occurred in the middle of listening to music - like a crash of file manager playback program.   

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-8-5 07:18 , Processed in 0.020435 second(s), 25 queries .