F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
?
regtime
2020-3-22
Post time 2020-5-10 18:04:43 |Show all posts |
Can anyone help with FiiO M11? I’m desperate. I’m having recurrent problems when listening to music.
1/ When I listen to an opera, I cannot eliminate the 1-second gaps between arias. I suppose it’s fine if you listen to “songs” by Lady Gaga, but not to classical music. In an opera, you absolutely need continuity.
2/ The files are not in alphabetical order. For instance, you will find : Mozart concerto 22 —> Mozart symphony 36 —> Mozart concerto 21 —> Mozart concerto 20 — Mozart symphony 28 —> Mozart symphony 40, etc. Inside a given symphony, the files are typically as follows: Movement 2 —> Movement 1 — Movement 4 —> Movement 3. It’s unbearable.
3/ Uploading music from my computer to the M11 is very problematic. OK, you have to have Android File Transfer. Half of the times, it stops and you get the message : I cannot find the memory. You have to start all over again, and it then finds “the memory”… miracle! What goes wrong?
With thanks.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
None
regtime
2020-1-4
Post time 2020-5-11 03:22:35 |Show all posts |
have you tried enabling gapless play back in the settings menu, not tried it myself but might help.

I have no issues loading my M11, have you tried a different micro sd card?  Or take the micro sd card out the m11 and load it directly from your PC ?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-5-12 18:13:39 |Show all posts |
Hi,

Does the files of your album have track number? If yes, please try to play the album from album category.
If your ablum satisfy the requirement of gapless packback,  you could also try to enable the gapless function in settings of FiiO Music app for help.
And the read/write speed of M11 is about 12-15M/s. You could also try the card reader for faster file copying.

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
?
regtime
2020-3-22
Post time 7 Day Before |Show all posts |
Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry. I cannot find what you call the "gapless function" on my M11. Where is it exactly?

I'm desperate about alphabetical order. It works fine (I mean normally) on my computer and on my iPod. On the M11, albums are not classified properly. For example, it is: Beethoven symphony 3 —> Beethoven symphony 2 —> Beethoven symphony 4, etc. That's not acceptable. What is wrong?

Inside an album, files appear as : Movement 2 —> Movement 1 —> Movement 4 —> Movement 3, etc. I'm desperate. I cannot use my M11.
Note : Inside albums, track numbers are not always 1. Movement 1 —> 2. Movement 2. It can be : Movement 1 —> Movement 2, etc. There is no problem with my computer or with my iPod. Alphabetical order means reading titles from left to right starting with 1 2 etc. or a b c, etc. In other words, Movement 1 —> Movement 2 is correct alphabetical order.

Note. I must add that it is impossible to cancel the "shuffle" mode. The M11 keeps returning to it. I usually want to listen to tracks in the following order : 1 2 3 4, etc.

Where can I find help to get these problems corrected?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
pierra44 replied at 2020-5-18 18:37
Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry. I cannot find what you call the "gapless function" on my M11.  ...

1. You could find the gapless playback function from settings of FiiO Music app.
2. The music files in the album do not have track number, right?
3. You could switch the play mode from the now playing page:

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
?
regtime
2020-3-22
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Thank you for reply.

As regards your question : " 2. The music files in the album do not have track number, right? "

The tracks always have numbers. It is not always on the left (1st movement of symphony). Often, it is on the right : (movement 1). It is never a problem on a computer or on a iPod. Alphabetical order is a function : it starts from the left and looks for the first difference moving to the right. For example : movement 1 —> movement 2 —> movement 3, etc. is correct alphabetical order. It is universal. Why doesn't it work on my M11.

Second example. My FiiO M11 classifies albums in the following way: Mozart symphony 25 —> Mozart concerto 20 > Mozart symphony 28, etc. That's a big problem. CONCERTO should be before SYMPHONY.

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
?
regtime
2020-3-22
Post time 5 Day Before |Show all posts |
You write:
"You could find the gapless playback function from settings of FiiO Music app."

I cannot find that. It's in AUDIO ? There is 11 settings: SPDIF Filter LDAC USB mode Airplay, etc. Nothing resembling "gapless playback"

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
FiiO X5 MKIII
AMPs
FiiO E12A
Head Gears
FiiO F9 Pro, LC-2.5C
regtime
2020-2-26
Post time 4 Day Before from mobile |Show all posts |
pierra44 replied at 2020-5-20 18:14
You write:
"You could find the gapless playback function from settings of FiiO Music app."

Not device settings.

The settings in the FiiO Music App.

It's not buried in a menu, at all.

Just click the settings gear IN the app, and halfway down you should see the option. just click the slider for "Gapless Playback"

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
pierra44 replied at 2020-5-19 22:24
Thank you for reply.

As regards your question : " 2. The music files in the album do not have track ...

Hi,

If the music files in the album have track number, you could update the media library from the settings menu of FiiO Music app first. Then view the album from album category. Can the sorting work fine at that time?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

pierra44 replied at 2020-5-19 22:24
Thank you for reply.

As regards your question : " 2. The music files in the album do not have track ...

Hi,

If the music files in the album have track number, you could update the media library from the settings menu of FiiO Music app first. Then view the album from album category. Can the sorting work fine at that time?

Best regards

Use magic Report

Register Member

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
M11
AMPs
?
regtime
2020-3-22
WitzyZed replied at 2020-5-21 11:23
Not device settings.

The settings in the FiiO Music App.

Thank you very your kind reply. I am sorry I cannot find what you call "setting gear". I have looked everywhere. There is no "gapless" option. At lest, I cannot find it.

I'd like to include photos. I have tried but I don't know how to do it.

Any new idea?

Best.

[img]https://ibb.co/44PhjWk[img]https://ibb.co/gzchcjG[img]https://ibb.co/sQnqX3K[/img][/img][/img]
/Users/Daniel3/Desktop/Legria FiiO/IMG_2421.JPG
/Users/Daniel3/Desktop/Legria FiiO/IMG_2422.JPG
/Users/Daniel3/Desktop/Legria FiiO/IMG_2423.JPG
/Users/Daniel3/Desktop/Legria FiiO/IMG_2424.JPG

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
CDs
AMPs
regtime
2020-5-24
Post time 7 Hour Before |Show all posts |
I'm having the same basic problems with playing albums as pierra44, except my FiiO machine is the M11Pro

I am in the process of converting a longstanding collection of CD's in 6 disc and automobile CD exchanger cartridges for use on a portable digital machine.

Based on its excellent reviews, I have recently acquired an M11Pro for this purpose.

However it seems that the reviewers have focused only on sound quality,  not the software and  interfaces to enable the user to naturally and easily control what is being played and the order in which the machine does so.

My process has been to  use windows media player or dBpoweramp to rip the CD's onto my laptop, then copy the output, which is all in order by album/disc/track number, to the hard drive or sd card on the M11Pro.

Only then to discover that the FiiO music app, Version 1.1.9, on the M11Pro imposes its own order of play, jumping all over the place through the collection. That is, when you can convince it to play more than one track at a time, i.e. to play continuously through many 'songs' at once. (is that what 'gapless playback' means?)

The result is that the M11Pro is completely useless for playing classical music albums, or albums of virtually every kind - i.e. such that  the order of play as specified by the composer and/or album publisher is important.

Playing through an album by disc/track number order should be the intuitive default!!!

Unbelievable that it is not - do the machine's designers not listen to multi track music as it was composed and published?

As the user documentation for the machine, both in the box or on-line, is almost non existent.
maybe there is some setting I'm missing?

But I've tried everything, and from what I can see the FiiO M11Pro will not play an album, whether single or multi disc, from start to finish in the order intended by its publisher

Even if one tries to make a playlist of all the tracks on an album from
start to finish, the machine and it's software still appear to impose their own weird
order of play.

Also as a result, the user can't drive and listen to music - the device has to be hands on in order for the driver to manually instruct the machine to move to the next track as written by the composer, an incredible hazard for someone trying to drive a car at highway speed on a long journey.

Is there a hidden or non obvious solution somewhere on the device, that we are missing??

In summary - how does the user get FiiO hardware and Music to play an album, (including sets of albums, since many CD players including mine play continuously through multi disc cartridges)  from start to finish in order by album, disc and track number.

Please provide step by step documentation. Or if it is not possible to have the M11 or M11Pro play continuously through discs in order of track number, please provide an immediate, tested update to the software to enable such play by default.

We want to listen to the music in albums as it was intended to be listened to, not fiddle with undefined complicated options to see if we can make it work the way it should.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit

Share ›

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-5-25 09:35 , Processed in 0.024748 second(s), 23 queries .