Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-4 06:10:59 |Show all posts |
Hello,

I am having some issues getting playlists to work on the M11. I've looked through every thread I could find here with a similar issue and it's still not working as when I click on the playlist file from the folder, the FiiO Music app comes up and I get an immediate message of "file not found".

Following the thread "How to create external m3u playlists for FiiO M3K/M5/M6/M7/M9/M11 using foobar" doesn't work. I have tried changing the filename to .m3u8 instead of .m3u and that doesn't work. Instead of the root directory, I tried putting it into the FiiO playlist folder and same error. Just for the heck of it, I even tried changing the filename to .playlist (as the other playlists I have that I created on the music app itself are saved) and that just crashed the app.

Firmware and everything is up to date. I've followed all instructions to have directory shown accurately as to the location on the device. I have 2 Micro SDs loaded, and have placed the playlist in the proper route directory as the m3u playlist tutorial stated with the proper file location pointing to the mp3s, like so:

/storage/external_sd1/Miyavi/Holy Nights/05 Heaven is a Place On Earth.mp3
/storage/external_sd1/Miyavi/Miyavi - Rain Dance.mp3

So there is likely still something I'm missing to be able to get the app to read these when opening from the file browser (I am aware that just using the Import function will not work). I have over 27k songs, I would really not have to sit here and manually add them all one at a time directly on the app to playlists. Any help would be appreciated.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-5-4 17:05:28 |Show all posts |
Hi,

you could upload your playlist and we cold have a check for you?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-4 23:09:18 |Show all posts |
Hello,

The forum will not allow me to upload (the button is non-interactable, likely because I am recently registered) but I uploaded it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n79uxdpkhaxdif/Fave_JRock.m3u?dl=0

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Medal of X3 Senator if Forums Honorary Admin Excellent Moderator Outstanding Contributors King of Chatting Master of Publictity Master of Promotion Enthusiastic Member Active Member Supernova

Post time 2020-5-5 16:14:19 |Show all posts |
Hi,

I tested the playlist you sent and it could work correctly. Have you put the playlist to the root directory of the TF card 1?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-6 23:36:06 |Show all posts |
FiiO replied at 2020-5-5 16:14
Hi,

I tested the playlist you sent and it could work correctly. Have you put the playlist to the ro ...

Hello,

Yep, put it in the root directory of SD1, so by the tutorial it should work. However, no luck. Opening it from the file manager says "File Not Found". Hence the frustration as I can't grasp as to why this is not working when all instructions were followed, and incredibly inconvenient.

I tried with a different file type (as I saw other users also using m3u8) and that didn't help at all.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2020-5-7 15:14:54 |Show all posts |
I attached some picture for you to check if it helps:

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-10 11:41:55 |Show all posts |
Just to be sure I'm putting the right paths for everything and putting the file where I am supposed to in order to get the playlist to read...

Each SD card has 3 folders in it in the root directory- Android, LOST.DIR, and Music (I believe the first two were already there when I loaded things up so I left them alone). Every MP3 I have is in their folder by band in the music file - so as told by the playlist file, the MP3s are located in SD1/Music/Artist Folder/Song.mp3

In your photos, the mp3 file is right in the SD1 directory and not in any subfolders as mine are. I even just attempted to drop a few files into the basic SD1 directory to mimic your photo, made sure the path was correct in the playlist file, and that still isn't working. Click on it, opens up the app, to get the ever familiar "File Not Found".

I have tried the file in the root directory of the appropriate SD card, pointing through the folders to the files with the /storage/external_SD1 as in the tutorial- File Not Found

I have tried putting a few files directly into the root of the SD1 card, with the playlist, to see if subfolders were the issue- File Not Found

Any other ideas?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2020-5-12 18:01:49 |Show all posts |
Please put the playlist in the root directory of the SD card1.

And for example, the path of your first file like this or not:

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-12 23:01:25 |Show all posts |
As I said in my response:

" have tried the file in the root directory of the appropriate SD card, pointing through the folders to the files with the /storage/external_SD1 as in the tutorial- File Not Found"

So I AM putting it in the root directory. It's not working. At all.

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 2020-5-13 11:07:26 |Show all posts |
But I tested your playlist using the file with same name and it could work fine. Could you please show me the path of your music file in the M11 as well?

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 2020-5-17 03:11:09 |Show all posts |
This is why I am very confused as to why this is not working and why I was making sure I was putting it in the right place or if I was missing some small path mention that is throwing the whole thing off or some such

Okay, I took photos/caps of pretty much everything in hopes of being able to figure this out.

On the M11 itself, this is the lowest root directory that I can get to (cannot access this from PC while connected but I can navigate this low on the M11 itself) without it being the Internal Storage folder:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C79x7kRPvitu5FNB7

Root folder for the SD1:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TVLuzYyXzejsQFZ79

Music directory location in the M11 (where the Artist subfolders is that my playlist location points to):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yd8qXo6k7bHPdpun8

General folder when connected to PC:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8CXmtQK66HQEwh927

Root location accessible from PC:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z6fkmZ2J3wGkj9RG8

If there is anything else I need to take screenshots for, I will be happy to do so!

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Hi,
From the playlist you created, the album are not put in the Music folder:
/storage/external_sd1/Alice Nine/AliceNine - TESTAMENT Music Video.mp3

So if you put the folders to the Music folder, your playlist should like this instead:
/storage/external_sd1/Music/Alice Nine/AliceNine - TESTAMENT Music Video.mp3

Best regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time 6 Day Before |Show all posts |
Admittedly, that  original playlist file was incorrect. But I have repeated the tutorial with other files (smaller lists) with the/Music/Added - as showed in subsequent posts above when typing out the directories - and it is STILL not working. "File Not Found"  

Playlist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/djhg79utzphx4vk/Fave_JRock2.m3u?dl=0

In root folder:
https://photos.google.com/album/ ... oaayXiPxWFI6_aGtyfy

When I try to open it:
https://photos.google.com/album/ ... WLbNfK9B1PAF19p2-AK

So, still a problem. What next?

Use magic Report

Super Moderator

Born for music and happy

digest
F-Coin
regtime
2013-5-10

Post time 3 Day Before |Show all posts |
Hi,

I attached the picture and video for you, please check if it helps:

https://vimeo.com/421426783

Best  regards

Use magic Report

FiiO Fans

digest
F-Coin
Audio Sources
MusicBee
AMPs
M11
regtime
2020-5-4
Post time The day before yesterday 07:52 |Show all posts |
AHA. I knew there had to be something really simple that I was missing or doing wrong and it was where I was opening the file from. Storage through the app, not through the device itself.

Many thanks for your time and help

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register Now

About FiiO|Warranty|Contact Us|FiiO Forums  

GMT+8, 2020-5-25 09:58 , Processed in 0.026777 second(s), 25 queries .