- last login
- Audio Sources
- Audio Sources
Edited by FiiO at 2017-2-20 12:00 |
The beta firmware version FW3.1.6_beta for the X7(Android 5.1) is now available!
Kindly note that this is a beta version and might not be stable enough compared to the stable versions. So please think carefully before upgrading with this firmware.
If you have already upgraded the X7's firwmare to the FW3.0beta or a later version, you can download the OTA firmware package, transfer it to the X7 or micro SD card, and upgrade manually through the Technical support app on the X7.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdf3xy59sm6vy9w/X7-ota-3.1.6.zip?dl=0
>>How to upgrade (see method 2: Manual update via update zip file)
If you have not yet upgraded the firwmare to the FW3.0beta or a later version, please download the X7 firmware upgrade tool package and use the upgrade tool to upgrade the firmware.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eztj92p9kkpnizs/X7%20Firmware%20Upgrade%20Tool%20with%20FW3.1.6_beta.zip?dl=0
>> How to upgrade
You can post in this thread if you have any issues with this version. But if you encounter serious problems, you may consider flashing back to a stable release.
Download link for stable firmware FW2.0: X7 Firmware Upgrade Tool with FW2.0 (>>backup download link)
The following changes and improvements have been made to FW3.1.6beta compared to FW3.1.5beta:
1. Added option to auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art (the auto-match function can be enabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Auto-match lyrics & album art; and to manually search, you can directly click on the lyrics screen if there're no lyrics available or click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select "Search");
2. Added option to display the songs by album under the Genre category (you can click the mode icon below the guitar-like Genre category icon to switch the display method)
3. Added ON/OFF switch for lockscreen album art display (FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen album art);
4. Updated the UI of ViPER Effect;
5. Fixed issue where the state (Play/Pause) of the play control bar in the lockscreen would not change in accordance with the music playback state;
6. Improved the display of album art in lockscreen;
7. Improved issue where the titles of some tracks were displayed incorrectly;
8. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
1. Regarding the Auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art:
a) The lyrics and album art files will be downloaded to the same directory of the corresponding song by default.
b) The album art can only be downloaded along with the lyrics. So the following will happen when the auto-match function is enabled: if the song already has album art but has no lyrics, the player will only download the lyrics; if the song has neither lyrics nor album art, the player will download both of them; but if the song already has lyrics but has no album art, the player will not download anything, and you need to first manually search for lyrics and use it, then the album art will be downloaded.
c) Currently the lyrics and album art are searched by the track title and album name. So if the track's title or album name has got prefix/suffix (such as "01", "Bonus", "Deluxe version"), you need to manually remove these characters before searching.
d) If the auto-matched lyrics are incorrect, you can search for them manually then use it to replace the incorrect one. Or you can delete the incorrect lyrics then re-download it.
2. As for the issue of some song title displaying incorrectly, please inform us the completed song titles or send one or two songs to us (email@example.com) for testing. It will be more helpful for us to fix this issue.
(At present, we found the single special character can display normally, but abnormally when some of them are combined as a word. )